Feeling tired and weak? Perhaps you were buried in your workload and didn’t notice the time. You look at the clock and what?!? It’s 4 hours passed your lunchtime! And you remember that you haven’t eaten anything since last night because you were too tired to make anything and just went to bed. You make the excuse to yourself that you’re on a diet anyway, and this is a good way to accelerate it. Stop right there. The reality is, it’s a big NO!
Intermittent fasting, low carbohydrates, water therapy, and keto: these are just to name a few of the most trendy diet plans right now. Apart from a million ways to go about it, there are a lot of reasons why a person would restrict their eating habits. The most common ones would be to look good and feel good. For whatever the reason, deciding to suddenly starve yourself will never be worth it. Even just for a day. And here’s why.
Other videos you might like:
What Will Happen If You Eat Nothing for 7 Days
A One-Day Starvation Secret Got the Nobel Prize
What’s the DASH Diet and Why Doctors Call It the Best Diet
The digestion process 0:59
Your ‘Hunger Hormones’ 2:22
Why insulin is so important 3:49
What happens to your body when you stop eating 4:25
What about fasting? 6:02
#fasting #humanbody #brightside
– Once you take that first bite, different body parts start to play their role in digesting the food. It starts with the saliva in your mouth, which helps with chewing and swallowing. It’ll then pass through your throat and esophagus. Next, it’ll end up in your stomach.
– After that, it’ll go to the small intestine. Here’s where our pancreas, liver and gallbladder will be put in action too.
– Our colon is a 5 to 6 foot-long tube of muscles where water is absorbed, and waste and leftover food will be stored after being digested until the time that it exits our body through the rectum in the form of stool.
– Once your stomach becomes empty, it releases a hormone called ghrelin. This is the hormone that tells your body that you’re hungry and that you need to eat.
– Another hormone, which is equally important to keep in mind, is leptin. This one is the total opposite of the first.
– Having low blood sugar will make you feel dizzy and light headed, while having a high level of blood sugar may cause you to have headaches, blurry eyesight, or to feel fatigued.
– Your body is desperately trying to use every bit of resources that you have left and turn them into energy, just so you can carry on with your activities. This is the reason why you lose some weight when you don’t eat.
– If your body is in starvation mode and starts feasting on muscles, you can definitely expect a little difficulty in moving.
– No doubt, there are some cases where a person can go on without eating for 3 to 4 days, but take note that this wasn’t accomplished overnight.
– If you decide you really want to try fasting for an entire day, don’t just act on an impulse and try it all of a sudden
– Jumping into a long-term fast can make you feel weak, tired, grumpy and irritated.
Music by Epidemic Sound
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
Stock materials (photos, footages and other):
For more videos and articles visit: