Pilot Francisco Sarabia was flying over a patch of desert land in Mexico when his instruments started to act increasingly odd. His radio equipment was failing too. The man had to make an emergency landing in the middle of nowhere. Little did he know that this “nowhere” would be later dubbed “the Zone of Silence,” and the mystery behind this place would equal that of the infamous Bermuda Triangle.
So if you ever find yourself in a desert, 25 miles away from Ceballos, Mexico, and just 400 miles to the south of El Paso, Texas, get yourself ready – you’re in the Mapimí Silent Zone, and some bizarre things might start to happen right away.
Other videos you might like:
4 Mystery Doors That Should Never Be Opened
The Mystery of the Disappeared Bodies of the Titanic
A Train Lost in a Tunnel in Italy, No One Can Find It
Dead radio zones 1:18
Weird trio that came “from above” 2:22
Who saved Ernesto and Josefina Diaz? 3:22
The land of meteorites 4:50
What scientists think 7:03
What about plants and animals? 8:37
#mystery #mexico #brightside
– Weird radio silence isn’t the only oddity of the creepy Zone. Like, what’s that weird trio that locals keep meeting in the Zone? They’re two men and a woman. Every time people see them, they’re wearing bizarre clothing that isn’t suitable for a journey in the desert whatsoever.
– On top of all that, the Zone of Silence is known as a 30-mile (50 km) patch of deserted land where meteorites come crashing down on an eerily regular basis. In the 20th century alone, there were quite a number of such crashes.
– On July 11, 1970, the US launched an ATHENA rocket from the Air Force base in Green River, Utah. But here’s the thing: the rocket was supposed to land somewhere in the area of White Sands in New Mexico. Instead, it went off course and, as if being pulled by some external force, crashed right in the heart of the Zone of Silence.
– In the process, the search party could tell that something was tampering with all their communications. That’s why it was incredibly difficult to coordinate the work of the teams.
– Scientists have been trying to explain the things happening in the Zone of Silence for years. The most plausible conclusion they’ve drawn so far is the influence of minerals that are deposited deep underground.
– On the other hand, some experts disagree that the Zone of Silence attracts more meteorites than any other place on Earth.
– But even skeptics can’t deny that there’ve been cases of radio communication loss and weird signal tampering. On the other hand, this phenomenon may have another rational explanation: the Zone of Silence is surrounded by a mountain range which can easily cause interference.
– But even without these stories and blood-chilling legends, the zone is nothing short of marvelous. Scientists say that the environment of the area is genuinely unique, with its own flora and fauna species.
Music by Epidemic Sound
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
Stock materials (photos, footages and other):
For more videos and articles visit: