Napa Valley Radio Station KVON flipped to 100% Spanish starting this week. The station say Its rebrand is to MegaMix with the mission to super-serve the Spanish-speaking community in the Napa Valley.
Bills authored by state Sen. Bill Dodd that went into effect Jan. 1:
• SB 52 (Public Safety Power Shutoffs): Defines utility de-energization events in the face of disasters including wildfires as local emergencies, making local government eligible for financial reimbursement.
• SB 109 (Wildfire Safety Innovation): Establishes the Wildfire Technology Research and Development Office within Cal Fire to conduct research and test new technologies that will prevent, predict and fight wildfires.
• SB 332 (Prescribed Burning): Encourages controlled burning to prevent wildfire by making it easier for professional burn bosses to become insured.
• SB 389 (To-go Cocktails): Allows restaurants to sell to-go cocktails with takeout food orders, creating additional revenue and protecting jobs at struggling restaurants.
• SB 626 (Water System Improvements): Streamlines the contracting process for State Water Project improvements, saving money and ensuring the most efficient delivery of water during the continuing drought.
Sign up for email newsletters