Cricket may not be well known in some countries, but for others it’s a pretty big deal. So big, in fact, that some of the best cricket players have paychecks that would really blow your mind! You may not know them, but you might just consider consulting them before your next career change. Just make sure you move to the right country too.
Other videos you might like:
Salaries of 13 Country Leaders — From $1 to More Than $2 Million
A Simple Trick on How to Save Up A Lot of Money Fast
14 Most Unusual Jobs That Actually Pay Well
What is cricket? 0:23
New Zealand 3:47
Sri Lanka 3:52
The top earners in international cricket 4:46
Preview photo credit:
Chris Woakes of England during day one of the Fourth Test match of the 2017/18 Ashes Series between Australia and England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne, Australia on 26 December 2017: By Tim Murdoch/UK Sports Pic/SIPA/EAST NEWS,
Royal Challengers Bangalore captain and batsman Virat Kohli plays a shot during the 2019 Indian Premier League (IPL) Twenty20 cricket match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kolkata Knight Riders at The M. Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore on April 5, 2019: By MANJUNATH KIRAN/AFP/East News,
Australia’s cricket team captain Aaron Finch tries a catch during a practice session ahead of the first one day international (ODI) cricket match between India and Australia at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad on March 1, 2019: By NOAH SEELAM/AFP/East News,
Animation is created by Bright Side.
Music by Epidemic Sound
– Cricket could probably be compared to baseball, but there are quite a few differences. Two teams of eleven players each take turns to bat and bowl.
– The average cricketer salary varies in each country and this is causing some dispute. In Australia, for example, international male players would have started off with around 270,000 dollars per year in 2018.
– England cricketers who started out in 2017 received a salary of about 265,000 dollars per year, with the middle tier players pocketing close to 600,000 dollars and the high rollers earning just under 1 million.
– In India, the salaries of players are also divided into three tiers; Grade A, B, and C. Based on the value of each player, they sign individual contracts, with Grade A being the highest at approximately 150,000 dollars and Grade C earning 46,500.
– There is quite a huge gap between all tiers when comparing the countries. And unfortunately, not all cricketers can play for one country.
– Like many other sports, there are a few different competitions every year that don’t bind players by country, meaning they have the option of more than one contract that generates a salary.
– The current captain of the Indian Cricket team, Virat Kohli, was the only Indian, as well as the only cricket player, that was featured in the Forbes list of “The World’s Highest Paid Athletes” and earned a mind-blowing 22 million dollars in 2017 alone.
– If you are thinking of seriously taking up cricket, you should probably know that they do, in fact, work very hard for those big bucks.
– Men’s Health UK actually has a workout to “get cricket fit”.
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
For more videos and articles visit: