What sleep position is the best for your health? If you have troubles with falling asleep, yoga can come to the rescue! There are certain poses that can calm your nervous system, relieve stress, and relax you within seconds. The six “asanas” we’re about to share with you can all be done in the comfort of your own bed, right before you hit the sack! You ready to give them a shot? Then watch our new video!
Legs up the wall pose 1:18
Locust pose 2:18
Wide angle seated forward bend pose 3:35
Reclining bound angle pose 4:45
Revolved abdomen pose 6:03
Corpse pose 6:59
1)Hackbeat by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence ()
2)Medium Rock by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence ()
– In the yoga world, this pose is called Viparita Karani, which translates as “reversed action.” This type of pose is not advisable if you have vision problems like glaucoma, or you suffer from serious neck or back issues.
– The yoga term for this pose is Salabhasana, which literally means locust or grasshopper pose. Not only does it help you sleep like a baby, it’s also good for those who have problems with flatulence, constipation, indigestion and lower back problems.
– The long-winded translation in English is much more concisely put in Sanskrit: Upavistha Konasana. Whatever you like to call it, this pose has tons of health benefits. It gives your legs a gooood stretch, strengthens your spine, stimulates your abdominal organs, and calms your mind and body.
– Supta Baddha Konasana reduces stress in the nervous system, relieves tension, and improves blood circulation, which is the key for restful sleep.
– Translated from the Sanskrit “Jathara Parivartanasana,” this pose targets your abs, obliques, hip adductors, and hamstrings. Physiologically, it helps digestion by improving your liver, pancreas, and small intestine.
– Once you master the Corpse pose, it’ll award you with lots of health benefits. It can reduce blood pressure, fatigue, headache, and insomnia.
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
For more videos and articles visit: