How to get rid of sleep problems? When was the last time you had a really great night’s sleep? Yesterday? Last year? When you were a child? Anything from body pain to your sleeping position to your emotions can disrupt your sleep cycle, causing you to wake up fatigued.
So what can you do to fall asleep when the sheep are nowhere to be found and that warm glass of milk doesn’t help? A good night’s sleep is necessary for optimal health. So if you’re one of the millions of people in the world who suffers from a sleep disorder or you want to fall asleep faster, here’re some quick unconventional tips for you, and sleep experts swear by them!
Stop trying to fall asleep 0:45
Tense every muscle in your body 1:04
Do mental aerobics 1:31
Replay your day in reverse 1:47
Do the breathing exercise 2:10
Don’t check the time 2:46
The phone needs to go too 3:06
Roll your eyes 3:54
Wash your face with cold water 4:24
Take a warm bath 4:40
Try some Feng Shui 5:04
Keep your room quite cool 5:29
Put your socks on 5:50
Change your mattress 6:05
Put a pillow between your legs 6:27
Share your bed with your dog 6:45
Get enough sun during the day 7:05
Take a nap during the day 7:32
Avoid late-night eating 7:58
Always go to sleep and wake up at the same time 8:36
#insomnia #sleepproblems #brightside
– Lie in bed with your eyes wide open and challenge yourself by repeating “I will not fall asleep” repeatedly. Our brain isn’t very good at processing negatives, so it’ll take this as a command to fall asleep instead!
– What if it’s your thoughts keeping you up at night? Easy: get them out of your head and onto a piece of paper.
– Try replaying your day in reverse. Remember every single mundane detail from the moment you went to bed to the second you opened your eyes this morning.
– Speaking of your eyes, keep them off the clock! When you keep checking the time, it stresses you out, your cortisol levels rise.
– Before you say you always check the time on your phone because who has a separate physical clock these days anyway – the phone needs to go too.
– If you’re now not sure what to do with your eyes, just roll them!
– You can wash your face with cold water. Instead of shocking you awake like you’d assume, it works to reset your nervous system.
– A warm bath before bedtime kind of works the same way but on a much larger scale.
– Make sure your bed is open on both sides and that it’s in the northwestern part of the room. Hey, Feng Shui has been around for thousands of years, so it must work!
– Don’t forget to put some socks on before you get under the covers! Studies show that if your hands and feet are warm, it helps regulate your internal body temperature.
– Try putting a pillow between your legs to avoid tossing and turning all night.
– And, speaking of which, what better way to fall asleep than to cuddle up with your pooch? Hey, it’s been proven by science!
– Make sure you’re getting enough sun during the day.
– Feel free to take a nap during the day! Napping for 30 minutes or less can improve your overall brain function, which aids in sleep!
– Avoid late-night eating, even if you swear you’re about to fall into a food coma!
– And finally, try to always go to sleep and wake up at the same time.
Music by Epidemic Sound
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
Stock materials (photos, footages and other):
For more videos and articles visit: