Do you know anything about the Black Demon? While oceans cover more than 70% of our planet’s surface, people have explored only 5% of the ocean floor. So it’s no wonder that the incredible depths hide some pretty terrifying secrets! For example, there’s the Black Demon, a legendary shark said to equal the prehistoric Megalodon in size.
According to the legend, the Black Demon resembles the infamous Megalodon. This terrifying creature was first noticed not far from Mexico’s Baja Coast in the Gulf of California. People started to report a huge black shark whose size could be compared with that of the Megalodon. It resembled the great white shark but for its massive tail and dark coloring. The creature got the nickname “El Demonio Negro” (which is Spanish for “The Black Demon”). This shark treats humans extremely aggressively. According to several reports, the creature systematically attacks boats.
How big was the Megalodon shark? 1:36
Where the Black Demon was first noticed 3:21
How the Black Demon looks like 4:01
Why is the Black Demon black? 5:37
What researchers think about Black Demon 5:58
Which other creatures live in depths 7:17
Music by Epidemic Sound
– Megalodon was a prehistoric predator that lived from 23 to 2.6 million years ago. It was a truly massive creature. It could grow up to 60 ft, which is longer than a school bus, and its weight could be more than 70 tons, which equals the weight of 10 elephants.
– The Black Demon was first noticed not far from Mexico’s Baja Coast in the Gulf of California. People started to report a huge black shark whose size could be compared with that of the Megalodon.
– In 2008, fisherman Eric Mack stated that a huge black shark rocked his boat. He also mentioned that the shark had large sharp teeth and a huge tail that stuck out of the water for no less than 5 ft. The animal looked like a great white but was much more massive.
– In 2012, a real great white shark was caught in the Sea of Cortez. It was more than 20 ft long and weighed a whopping 2,000 lb. However, it was white and didn’t resemble the shark described in the legend.
– Some scientists think that if the Black Demon really exists, it’s probably an oversized great white that suffers from melanism.
– Other researchers hope that the mysterious animal might be a new species of shark that evolved from the Megalodon. Naturally, there are also skeptics who are sure that the Black Demon is a whale shark.
– There’s no real proof of its existence except for the testimonies of eyewitnesses. At the same time, nobody can claim that the creature doesn’t exist, even if it hasn’t been found.
– In those depths live the most bizarre animals ever known. Ghost sharks, demon cat sharks, deep-sea dogfish. Some of them look like characters from a low-budget horror film.
Subscribe to Bright Side :
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube:
For more videos and articles visit: